[Rd] bug fix integer overflow in medpolish function

Ludger Goeminne ludger.goeminne at vib-ugent.be
Fri Jan 19 15:33:25 CET 2018

Dear R team

I noticed a bug in the "medpolish" function in the "stats" package.
When I run medpolish(x), with "x" the matrix in the attached .rda file,
I get this rather cryptic error:

"Error in if (converged) break : missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed
In addition: Warning message:
In sum(abs(z), na.rm = na.rm) : integer overflow - use sum(as.numeric(.))"

I traced this down to the line:

newsum <- sum(abs(z), na.rm = na.rm)

I think this "overflow" could be easily fixed by changing this line to:

newsum <- sum(as.numeric(abs(z)), na.rm = na.rm)

With kind regards

Ludger Goeminne

¯
Ludger Goeminne - Ph.D. Student

VIB-UGent Center for Medical Biotechnology
Albert Baertsoenkaai 3 - 9000 Gent - Belgium
Tel: +32 (0)9 264 9360
mbc.vib-ugent.be