[Rd] How to address the following: CRAN packages not using Suggests conditionally

Ulrich Bodenhofer bodenhofer at bioinf.jku.at
Mon Jan 22 08:12:24 CET 2018

Dear colleagues, dear members of the R Core Team,

This was an issue raised by Prof. Brian Ripley and sent privately to all
developers of CRAN packages that suggest Bioconductor packages (see
original message below). As mentioned in my message enclosed below, it
was easy for me to fix the error in examples (new version not submitted
to CRAN yet), but it might turn into a major effort for the warnings
raised by the package vignette. Since I have not gotten any advice yet,
I take the liberty to post it here on this list - hoping that we reach a
conclusion here how to deal with this matter.

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance,
Ulrich Bodenhofer