[Rd] Why R should never move to git

Gábor Csárdi csardi.gabor at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 01:04:22 CET 2018

You need to create a branch from the original master, if you do
git log master
then you'll see which commit that is: f735449d679686867e7d3ab70810b09e8cea6366

So create that branch off that and switch to the new branch:
git branch keepclassx f735449d679686867e7d3ab70810b09e8cea6366
git checkout keepclassx

Then do
git log keepclass
to see the id of the new commit that you want to put on top of the new
branch: 0307ccfaa799c5257258eda89f2526347099f0d0
and cherry-pick that:
git cherry-pick 0307ccfaa799c5257258eda89f2526347099f0d0

Now you have a branch that only has the single desired commit, on top
of the original master.

You can now push you new branch to GitHub:
git push --set-upstream origin keepclassx
and then create a new pull request from this branch.

G.