[Rd] Parametrized Vignettest in R packages

Witold E Wolski wewol@ki @ending from gm@il@com
Mon Jul 9 22:11:32 CEST 2018

Dear Duncan,

Was close to giving up to use the parameterized rmarkown as vignettes.
But your suggestions to use quote and eval, as well as to use the
package parameter in data
 made it work, with all devtools::install,check,build and
build_vignettes as well as with R CMD ... etc.
But most importantly it also still works with:
rmarkdown::render("vignettes/tr_srm_summary.Rmd",
params=list(configuration=skylineconfig, data=sample_analysis    ))

THANK YOU.

This is how my vignette header looks (see below) and it works.

---
title: "Titel"
author: "WEW using FGCZ.ETHZ.CH"
date: "`r Sys.Date()`"
output:
  pdf_document: default
  html_document: default
params:
  configuration:  !r quote(get(data(skylineconfig, package="myPackage")))
  data: !r quote(get(data(sample_analysis, package="myPackage")))
vignette: >
  %\VignetteIndexEntry{Summarize Peptide Level Measurements}
  %\VignetteEngine{knitr::rmarkdown}
  %\VignetteEncoding{UTF-8}
---

```{r setup, include=FALSE}
library(tidyverse)

knitr::opts_chunk$set(echo = FALSE, message=FALSE)
data <- eval(params$data)
configuration <- eval(params$configuration)
```

Have a great evening.

regards
Witek