[Rd] Top level \Sexpr and R CMD check

Gábor Csárdi c@@rdi@g@bor @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Jul 12 15:30:42 CEST 2018

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 2:21 PM Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan using gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I found the bug.  The tools::checkRd function only processes
> \Sexpr's with "stage=render".  I think the author (who might have been
> me, I forget) assumed that would imply all the earlier stages as well,
> but apparently it doesn't.
>
> So you could use that as a workaround.
>
> I'll do some more checking, then submit a bug report and patch to Bugzilla.
>
> Duncan Murdoch

Thanks much! I tried using stage=render, but then I get an error at
install time:

Warning: /private/var/folders/59/0gkmw1yj2w7bf2dfc3jznv5w0000gn/T/RtmpCG4Qz9/R.INSTALLec4743ba8cf4/ps/man/ps_handle.Rd:45-48:
Section \Sexpr is unrecognized and will be dropped

And indeed the whole section is dropped.

Seems like there is no clean workaround here.

Thanks again,
G.