[Rd] possible bug in plot.intervals.lmList

Ferenci Tamas t@m@@@ferenci @ending from med@t@t@hu
Sat Jul 28 18:44:59 CEST 2018

Dear R-devel members,

I think I've found a minor bug in plot.intervals.lmList. ( The guide
https://www.r-project.org/bugs.html suggests to report it here, as I
do not have a bugzilla account.)

Here is a minimal reproducible example to demonstrate the problem:

fm1 <- lmList(distance ~ age | Subject, Orthodont)
plot(intervals(fm1),ylab="a")

This results in: "Error in bwplot.formula(x = group ~ intervals |
what, data = list(group = c(1L,  :   formal argument "ylab" matched by
multiple actual arguments".

I am not an experienced R programmer at that level, but I think the
problem is due to the fact that ylab is explicitly passed as an
argument to dotplot *and* the ... is also passed (which will also
include ylab in the above example).

Tamas