[Rd] aic() component in GLM-family objects

Martin Maechler m@echler @ending from @t@t@m@th@ethz@ch
Mon Jun 18 17:51:28 CEST 2018

    > FWIW p. 206 of the White Book gives the following for
    > names(binomial()): family, names, link, inverse, deriv,
    > initialize, variance, deviance, weight.

    >   So $aic wasn't there In The Beginning.  I haven't done
    > any more archaeology to try to figure out when/by whom it
    > was first introduced ...

Thank you Ben.

I think I was already suggesting that it was by Simon and Ross
and we cannot know who of the two.

    >  Section 6.3.3, on extending families, doesn't give any
    > other relevant info.

    > A patch for src/library/stats/man/family.Rd below: please
    > check what I've said about $aic and $mu.eta to make sure
    > they're correct!  I can submit this to the r bug list if
    > preferred.

I've spent quite some time checking this - to some extent.

Thank you for the patch. I will use an even slightly extended
version ((and using the correct '\eqn{\eta}{eta}' )).

Thank you indeed.
Martin