[Rd] list of methods

Michael Lawrence l@wrence@mich@el @ending from gene@com
Tue Jun 26 20:40:17 CEST 2018

While it's easy to conceive of a utility that found all generics for
which there is no non-default method for a given class vector, it's
not clear it would be useful, because it depends on the nature of the
object. Surv objects are vector-like, so they need to implement the
"vector API", which is not formally defined. You could look at the
S4Vectors package or the date/time classes for reference. But Surv
gets a lot less for free since length() returns twice their logical
length, an unfortunate inconsistency.

Michael