[Rd] new behavior in model.response

Therneau, Terry M., Ph.D. therne@u @ending from m@yo@edu
Thu Jun 28 00:14:42 CEST 2018

I now understand the issue, which leads to a different and deeper issue which is "how to
assign a proper length to Surv objects".

 > Surv(c(1,2,3), c(1,0,1))
[1] 1  2+ 3

The above prints as 3 elements and is conceptually 3 elements. But if I give it length
method to return a 3 then I need a names method, and names<-  pays no attention to my
defined length. How do we conceive of and manage a vector whose elements happen to require
more than one storage slot for their representation?  An obvious example is the complex
type, but it seems that had to be baked right down into the core.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]