[Rd] Base R examples that write to current working directory

Henrik Bengtsson henrik.bengtsson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 19:14:04 CEST 2018

So, the proposal would then be to write to tempdir(), correct?  If so,
I see three alternatives:

1. explicitly use file.path(tempdir(), filename), or tempfile() everywhere.

2. wrap example code in a withTempDir({ ... }) call.

3. Add an 'eval.path' (*) argument to example() and make it default to
eval.path = tempdir(). This would probably be backward compatible and
keep the code example clean.  The downside is when a user runs an
example and can't locate produced files. (*) or 'wd', 'workdir', ...

/Henrik