[Rd] segfault issue with parallel::mclapply and download.file() on Mac OS X

Seth Russell @eth@ru@@ell @ending from gm@il@com
Fri Oct 5 21:39:26 CEST 2018

Jeroen/Tomas,

Thanks for the additional follow-ups. As shown in my original post, I am on
macOS 10.12.6. I was using the command line version of R to get the error
message I sent; I also get similar problems when running via GUI tools such
as RStudio. I have co-workers who are only using macOS and they got similar
crashes - though I'm not sure which version of macOS they are on.

Based on Gábor's recommendation I did quit using the default libcurl
backend (default on my machine at least). Using download.file(url, path,
method = curl) has been working great for my use case.

Seth

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]