[Rd] Warning when calling formals() for `[`.

Rui Barradas ruipb@rr@d@@ @ending from @@po@pt
Sun Oct 7 16:07:17 CEST 2018

Hello,

This is the *third* time I send this, the first two I had a failure
notice so if you have already received it please apologize.

I believe this is consistent with the doc.
   From section Value:

formals returns the formal argument list of the function specified, as a
pairlist, or NULL for a non-function or primitive.

So since `+` is primitive formals is expected to return NULL.
Now, as for formals(args(`+`)) once again break it down to its two parts.

   > args(`+`)
function (e1, e2)
NULL

Now pass the return value to formals.

   > formals(function (e1, e2) NULL)
$e1

$e2

(I first tried this last call with the argument between back ticks and
it didn't work, I wonder why.)

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas