[Rd] Bug when calling system/system2 (and request for Bugzilla account)

Emil Bode emil@bode @ending from d@n@@kn@w@nl
Fri Sep 14 19:52:52 CEST 2018

I hope it's not too specific in my setup...
I've tried with system2 added on the first line, so:

Example.R:
system2('ls', timeout=5)
cat('Start non-interruptable functions\n')
sample_a <- sample(1:1e7)
sample_b <- sample(1:2e7)
matching <- match(sample_a, sample_b)
cat('Finished\n')
Sys.sleep(10)

And in terminal/bash:
R --vanilla
source('Example.R')
Send ^C between the messages (Start...  until Finished)

Or if you have a more powerful CPU you can increase the samples, the exact code doesn't matter very much.
As soon as you restart and source again with the system2 call outcommented, the behaviour is different, there is a pause, and your return to the R-prompt.

Best, Emil