[Rd] SUGGESTION: Settings to disable forked processing in R, e.g. parallel::mclapply()

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Sat Apr 13 16:16:22 CEST 2019

Sure, but that a completely bogus argument because in that case it would fail even more spectacularly with any other method like PSOCK because you would *have to* allocate n times as much memory so unlike mclapply it is guaranteed to fail. With mclapply it is simply much more efficient as it will share memory as long as possible. It is rather obvious that any new objects you create can no longer be shared as they now exist separately in each process.

Cheers,
Simon