[Rd] gfortran 9 quantreg bug

Koenker, Roger W rkoenker @end|ng |rom ||||no|@@edu
Sun Aug 4 17:29:00 CEST 2019

Thanks Berend,

Yes,  I know about these warnings, they are mostly a consequence of the automated
translation from the ancient Bell Labs dialect of fortran called ratfor.  It is easy to add
type declarations for “in”  and the others, but it seems unlikely that this is going to fix
anything.  The extra labels are all attributable to the ratfor translation.  I agree that
the code is ugly — the ratfor is somewhat better, but not much.  I fact the algorithm
is rather simple, but I’m reluctant to write it again from scratch, since there are few
fiddly details and I would worry somewhat about reproducibility.

Roger

Roger Koenker
r.koenker using ucl.ac.uk<mailto:r.koenker using ucl.ac.uk>
Department of Economics, UCL
London  WC1H 0AX.