[Rd] Underscores in package names

Tobias Verbeke tob|@@@verbeke @end|ng |rom open@n@|yt|c@@eu
Fri Aug 9 20:40:05 CEST 2019

> Creeping code complexity ...
>
>  I like to think that the cuteR names will have a Darwinian
> disadvantage in the long run. FWIW Hadley Wickham argues (rightly, I
> think) against mixed-case names:
> http://r-pkgs.had.co.nz/package.html#naming.

Good development environments will offer content assist (or tab completion or similar) which will not be hindered by naming conventions (whether camel case, dromedary case or other forms that snaked into the R world). Talking about Darwinian advantages, Wikipedia[1] just taught me about the existence of 'darwin case' ?!

Best,
Tobias

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camel_case