[Rd] running R with users home dirs on a shared filesystems

lejeczek pe|j@@z @end|ng |rom y@hoo@co@uk
Fri Dec 13 19:36:37 CET 2019

Hi guys,

I want to ask devel for who knows better - having multiple
nodes serving users home dirs off the same shared network
filesystem : are there any precautions or must-dos &
must-donts in order to assure healthy and efficient parallel
Rs running simultaneously - and I don't mean obvious stuff,
I'm rather asking about R's internals & environment.

simple example: three nodes mount a NFS share and users on
all three nodes run R simultaneously.

many thanks, L.