[Rd] how to check as CRAN with alternative BLAS?

steven pav @h@bbyche| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Dec 30 01:39:21 CET 2019

One of my packages is slated to be archived from CRAN due to failures when
the ATLAS BLAS is used. I am unable to replicate the error on my machine
under R 3.6.1 using the atlas library from ubuntu (seems to be 3.10.2-9,
while the good professor is using 3.10.3 per
https://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/bdr/Rblas/README.txt ). I also tried the
rocker/r-base with R 3.6.2
and /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/atlas/libblas.so.3.10.3 (Dockerfile here:
https://gist.github.com/shabbychef/efaa048f0f715dcf89fd39f2e28a402d ), but
was unable to replicate the error there. Is there some way to *really* test
as CRAN-with-atlas? I would prefer a dockerized solution, or failing that,
a travis CI recipe.

thanks,

--

--sep