[Rd] Runnable R packages

Abs Spurdle @purd|e@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Feb 1 23:58:44 CET 2019

This is possibly the most redundant discussion I've ever seen on the R
mailing lists.

In the original post:

> 2) It provides no way to deal with dependencies on other packages
> 3) It provides no way to "run" an application provided as an R package

Both completely false statements.

> recently been a growing interest in developing full applications

R was originally designed for interpreted use, with statistics and graphics.
However, GUI, web and other applications are possible.
And it's been around for a while.
(So, not "recently").

Maybe your organization could/should pay a programmer to do it?

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]