[Rd] Runnable R packages

Abs Spurdle @purd|e@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Feb 2 22:28:44 CET 2019

Creating an .exe file isn't necessarily difficult.
The main problems are that you have to write and compile the C (or other)
files.
Otherwise, the complexity depends on the level of Inter Process
Communication that's required.

Simply starting R with some initial conditions, is easy.
Even if you want to prompt the user to install missing packages, it isn't
necessarily difficult.

It would be possible to take this one step further, and write an .exe
builder, that automates the process of creating .exe files.
Obviously, it would require a compiler and supporting libraries.
I have a preference for GCC, and I'm not sure if you can run GCC on Windows
without Cygwin.

I may (or may not) look into this further, in a few weeks time.