[Rd] Encoding issues

Iñaki Ucar |uc@r @end|ng |rom |edor@project@org
Mon Feb 18 17:42:40 CET 2019

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 at 17:27, Gábor Csárdi <csardi.gabor using gmail.com> wrote:

> From "Writing R Extensions":
>
> "Only ASCII characters (and the control characters tab, formfeed, LF
> and CR) should be used in code files."
>
> So I am afraid you cannot use μm.

Thanks, Gábor, I missed that bit. Then, is an .Rd file considered a
"code file"? Our surprise comes from the fact that the quoted version
works fine in a test file, but not in an example. Anyway, if they
cause such a documented trouble, it seems that the safest option is to
avoid its use in the first place.

Iñaki