[Rd] Return/print standard error in t.test()

Thu Feb 21 23:19:13 CET 2019

Hello,

Something like this?

t.test2 <- function(...) {
   ht <- t.test(...)
   class(ht) <- c("htest_tjl", class(ht))
   ht
}
print.htest_tjl <- function(x, ...) {
   NextMethod(x, ...)
   se <- as.vector(abs(diff(x$estimate)/x$statistic))
   cat("Standard error of the difference:", se, "\n\n")
   invisible(x)
}

t.test2(1:10, y = c(7:20))
t.test2(extra ~ group, data = sleep)  # last example from ?t.test

(The suffix tjl commes from the OP's initials.)

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas