[Rd] R-Forge > GitHub?

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom prod@y@e@com
Mon Jul 1 05:16:17 CEST 2019

On 2019-06-30 06:58, Joshua Ulrich wrote:
<snip>

> I imported both packages into separate repositories:
> https://github.com/joshuaulrich/tmp-ecdat
> https://github.com/joshuaulrich/tmp-ecfun
>
> I changed your email address on your R-Forge commits to match your
> GitHub email address, so R-Forge commits would be associated with your
> GitHub account.  I also omitted the "move" commit from Ecdat, and the
> "obsolete > GitHub" commits from both packages.  I've attached a file
> with the commands I used, if anyone is interested.
>
> You can use my repos by cloning them to your local machine, adding
> your repos as new remotes, and pushing to them.  You would need to run
> these commands (untested):
>
> ### clone my GitHub repo to your machine
> git clone git using github.com:joshuaulrich/tmp-ecfun.git Ecdat

Thanks so much.  Sadly, I'm still having troubles.  This "git clone ..."
generates:

Enter passphrase for key '/Users/sbgraves/.ssh/id_rsa':

       Sadly, I don't know the passphrase it's looking for here, and I
don't know how to find what it's looking for.  Under GitHub > Settings >
"SSH and GPG keys", I see an SSH key dated two days ago, when I cloned
Ecdat from within RStudio.  And in "~.ssh" I see files id_rsa and
id_rsa.pub, both created two days ago.

       What do you suggest I try to get past this?

       Thanks again for all your help.

       Spencer Graves