[Rd] Making R CMD nicer

Barry Rowlingson b@row||ng@on @end|ng |rom |@nc@@ter@@c@uk
Mon Jul 1 14:11:51 CEST 2019

If you write a lot of R code to run as command line scripts then look at
Dirk E's "littler":

$ r --help

Usage: r [options] [-|file]

Launch GNU R to execute the R commands supplied in the specified file, or
from stdin if '-' is used. Suitable for so-called shebang '#!/'-line
scripts.

  -h, --help           Give this help list
      --usage          Give a short usage message
  -V, --version        Show the version number
  -v, --vanilla        Pass the '--vanilla' option to R
  -t, --rtemp          Use per-session temporary directory as R does
  -i, --interactive    Let interactive() return 'true' rather than 'false'
  -q, --quick          Skip autoload / delayed assign of default libraries
  -p, --verbose        Print the value of expressions to the console
  -l, --packages list  Load the R packages from the comma-separated 'list'
  -d, --datastdin      Prepend command to load 'X' as csv from stdin
  -L, --libpath dir    Add directory to library path via '.libPaths(dir)'
  -e, --eval expr      Let R evaluate 'expr'

available from an archive near you...