[Rd] R-Forge > GitHub?

Mon Jul 15 17:56:56 CEST 2019

On 14 July 2019 at 13:08, Spencer Graves wrote:
| for that.  I lost the history in doing so, but I can live without that
| history.

Well many of us imported svn repos into git repos. And my favourite example
is still ESS as it has history back to 1997 (!!) thanks to cvs2svn
pre-filling its svn history which became the git history.

| https://github.com/sbgraves237/Ecdat".  I changed that line to read "url
| = https://sbgraves237:password@github.com/sbgraves237/Ecdat" (where
| "password" is my GitHub password, which I had to change to make it work

Don't write passwords down like this. Your error is likely in expecting _ssh_
authentication over _https_ -- when it works only over ssh. Use the alternate
form for a remote e.g. one that looks like git using github.com:emacs-ess/ESS.git

Hth, Dirk