[Rd] GitHub passwords in .git/config?
edd @end|ng |rom deb|@n@org
Mon Jul 15 18:49:38 CEST 2019
On 15 July 2019 at 11:41, Spencer Graves wrote:
| On 2019-07-15 10:56, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| > Don't write passwords down like this. Your error is likely in expecting _ssh_
| > authentication over _https_ -- when it works only over ssh. Use the alternate
| > form for a remote e.g. one that looks like git using github.com:emacs-ess/ESS.git
| I'm confused. I changed that line to:
| url = https://email@example.com:sbgraves237/sbgraves237/Ecdat
| Then when I did "git pull" I got:
| fatal: unable to access
| 'https://firstname.lastname@example.org:sbgraves237/sbgraves237/Ecdat/': Port number
| ended with 's'
- Go to your repo.
- Click the green 'Clone or Download' button.
- If it shows https, select 'use ssh' in top right.
- Copy the url: git using github.com:sbgraves237/Ecfun.git
- Use it instead of: https://github.com/sbgraves237/Ecfun.git
- Don't improvise a new form. Use theirs.
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org
More information about the R-devel