[Rd] Potential bug with data.frame replacement

Iñaki Ucar |uc@r @end|ng |rom |edor@project@org
Mon Jul 15 19:39:39 CEST 2019

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 at 18:55, William Dunlap via R-devel
<r-devel using r-project.org> wrote:

> This may be related to the size of the deparsed call in the error message
> that Brodie and Luke were discussing recently on R-devel (" Mitigating
> Stalls Caused by Call Deparse on Error").   I don't get a crash, but the
> error message itself doesn't show up after the deparsed call.

The example crashes with a buffer overflow in systems with
FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 (i.e., official R package in most Linux
distributions).

Iñaki