[Rd] Offer zip builds

Wed Jun 5 23:02:10 CEST 2019

On 05/06/2019 4:48 p.m., Abby Spurdle wrote:
>  > If they choose to continue with only EXE,
>  > I will just keep using other programming languages.
>
> I did agree with your original suggestion.
> However, I don't think that a lack of zip formats, is a disincentive
> from using R.

If you don't want to run the installer, see Iñaki's message for how to
extract the files without running it.  I don't know if any of the
configuration done by the installer is essential; you can read the
source in https://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk/src/gnuwin32/installer if
you are curious.

Duncan Murdoch