[Rd] R-Forge > GitHub?

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom prod@y@e@com
Sat Jun 29 18:43:28 CEST 2019

Hi, Ott et al.:

       What's the best way to get "Travis CI" to build and test the two
packages, Ecdat and Ecfun, that have long been combined in the Ecdat
project?

       Following Ott's advice and studying studying Wickham's "R
Packages" (http://r-pkgs.had.co.nz/), I was able to configure RStudio so
it would sync using git with "GitHub.com/sbgraves237/Ecdat".  However,
when I tried to configure "Travis CI", it said, "No DESCRIPTION file
found, user must supply their own install and script steps".

       Earlier in this thread, I think someone suggested I make the
Ecdat and Ecfun packages separate projects on GitHub (though I can't
find that suggestion now).  This would not be an issue if it were all
local without version control.  With RStudio managing my interface with
GitHub, it now seems quite tricky.

       Suggestions?
       Thanks again to all who have offered suggestions so far.  This
migration from R-Forge to GitHub seems complete except for the automatic
tests provided via "Travis CI".

       Spencer