[Rd] package installation needs the file utility on Unix

Tomas Kalibera tom@@@k@||ber@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Mar 8 14:44:41 CET 2019

Well, this only applies to source installs of packages that have some
files with the special extension, so on systems where a compiler
toolchain needs to be installed, so the image cannot be really tiny,
anyway. But ok, I've made stage install use "file" only when it is
available. When it isn't and some file with extension sl, so, dylib or
dll in the package installation is not in fact a shared object, one will
get a number of error messages from the respective tools, but the
installation passes. Currently on Linux this is the case of RcppParallel
and FastRWeb.

Tomas