[Rd] mccollect with NULL in R 3.6

Gergely Daróczi d@rocz|g @end|ng |rom r@pporter@net
Wed May 1 00:25:02 CEST 2019

Dear All,

I'm running into issues with calling mccollect on a list containing NULL
using R 3.6 (this used to work in 3.5.3):

jobs <- lapply(
    list(NULL, 'foobar'),
    function(x) mcparallel(identity(x)))
mccollect(jobs, wait = FALSE, timeout = 0)
#> Error in names(res) <- pnames[match(s, pids)] :
#>   'names' attribute [2] must be the same length as the vector [1]

Note, setting a "name" for the jobs does not help, but the above works with
"wait=TRUE", and also if I change the order of NULL and "foobar", although
in that case, the second value (NULL) is ommitted.  It also works with
mclapply fine.

Any ideas/suggestion on how to get mccollect work with the above example?

Thanks,
Gergely

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]