[Rd] should base R have a piping operator ?

Lionel Henry ||one| @end|ng |rom r@tud|o@com
Mon Oct 7 16:28:20 CEST 2019

> On 7 Oct 2019, at 15:36, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan using gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  I think that could be done after parsing at run-time, as described in my earlier message.

Good point.

> P.S.  Were you just using |> to save typing, or is there a proposal to add a new operator to the language?  That would need parser changes.

Just a hypothetical native pipe for which the parser would automatically
wrap the arguments in srcref-carrying braces. Then we get step-debugging
of pipelines in all editors.

Best,
Lionel
	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]