[Rd] Feature request: non-dropping regmatches/strextract

Michael Lawrence |@wrence@m|ch@e| @end|ng |rom gene@com
Mon Sep 2 23:21:26 CEST 2019

After some discussion within R core, we decided that a "nomatch"
argument on regmatches() may be a good initial step. We might add a
new function later that combines the regexpr() and regmatches() steps.
The gregexpr() and regexec() inputs are both lists so it's not clear
whether a "nomatch" value would be relevant (the elements are empty)
in those cases.

--
Michael Lawrence
Scientist, Bioinformatics and Computational Biology

Join Genentech on LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube