[Rd] reverse dependency checks

Iñaki Ucar |uc@r @end|ng |rom |edor@project@org
Wed Sep 4 22:00:19 CEST 2019

On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 at 14:53, Therneau, Terry M., Ph.D. via R-devel
<r-devel using r-project.org> wrote:

> I remember there was advice about a server that one could use for reverse dependency
> checks, but I forgot to write it down.  (Or I did save the info and forgot where I saved
> it...)   I have been doing the checks for survival myself, but the count is getting out of
> hand (663, not counting bioconductor).
>
> Any pointers?

You could try Yihui's crandalf [1]. Locally, I don't know what you are
using, but there are a few alternatives. Notably, Dirk's prrd [2] (the
only one that I tried myself and I can thus recommend), Gabor's
revdepcheck [3] and R's brand new tools::check_packages_in_dir().

[1] https://github.com/yihui/crandalf
[2] https://github.com/eddelbuettel/prrd
[3] https://github.com/r-lib/revdepcheck

Iñaki