[Rd] install_github and survival

Georgi Boshnakov georg|@bo@hn@kov @end|ng |rom m@nche@ter@@c@uk
Fri Sep 6 12:44:05 CEST 2019

I cloned therneau/survival and the installation failed since there is no definition for exported function survfit().
A file seems to be missing - there is survfit0() and survfit0.R but, compared to CRAN, no survfit.R.

Georgi Boshnakov

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2019 12:53:11 -0500
From: "Therneau, Terry M., Ph.D." <therneau using mayo.edu>
To: "r-devel using r-project.org" <r-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: [Rd] install_github and survival

I treat CRAN as the main repository for survival, but I have also had a github
(therneau/survival) version for a couple of years.  It has a vignette2 directory, for
instance, that contains extra vignettes that either take too long to run or depend on
other packages.  It also gets updated more often than CRAN (though those updates mght not
be as well tested yet).

In any case, since it is there, people will of course run install_github against it.
I've added a config script to do the one extra step necessary, but when I try
install_github it fails.   I'm clearly doing something wrong.  If someone were willing to
contribute a fix I would be most grateful.

survival3.1-0 is almost ready for CRAN, by the way.   Reverse dependency checks of hdnom
turned up one last thing to repair...

Terry Therneau

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]