[Rd] NiceBayes filtered "[ALTREP] ... return value ..."

Thu Sep 12 09:59:16 CEST 2019

    > Hi Gabriel,
    > Thanks for your answer and future update plan. Somehow this email has been
    > delayed for a week, so there might be a wired reply from me saying that I
    > have found the answer from the R source code, it was sent from me last
    > week. Hopefully, this reply will not cost another week to post:)

All our e-mail is heavily spam filtered fortunately, through
quite a few filters which sum up to a final spam score and when
that is too high, the message is "diverted" to the spam
collection.
In your case, the "NiceBayes" spamfilter somehow decided to give
the message quite a high score and that got a relatively large
weight
(maybe you should stop using all capitals such as ALTREP in your
 subject !?)

We, the volunteer mailing list moderators, get (daily or weekly, in
this case daily) e-mails from the spam software giving us a full
list of the filtered messages... However, we usually lack the
time to carefully go through that list, notably with R-help or
R-devel where that list is quite long...
so I had detected your "ham" message among the many dozens of
spam ones only a day ago, and released it..

Martin Maechler
ETH Zurich