[Rd] Help useRs to use R's own Time/Date objects more efficiently

Mark Leeds m@rk|eed@2 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Apr 5 23:08:39 CEST 2020

Hi All: I've been following this thread and just want to add one pointer.

For those who aren't interested in using new packages that try to make
dates-times easier but also find the
base R tools confusing, below is link to an extremely well written document
from over 15 years ago. It's probably
already known by quite a few people but, for people with less than 10 years
of R experience it could very well be unknown.
It's the clearest explanation of base R tools  for dates and times ( note:
one needs to consider chron a
base package but who's counting )  that I know of.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/229087103_R_Help_Desk_Date_and_time_classes_in_R