[Rd] ASAN

Therneau, Terry M., Ph.D. therne@u @end|ng |rom m@yo@edu
Tue Apr 7 19:20:11 CEST 2020

I'm trying to chase down a possible issue with the survival package, and
so was trying to resurrect my ASAN version of r-devel.   I added the
lines to config.site for CC, CFLAGS and MAIN_LDFLAGS per section 4.3.3
of the  'packages' documentation, and lines to ~/.R/Makevars.

I followed that with  svn up,  tools/rsync-recommended, make distclean,
./configure, then make.

It fails on the rebuild of MASS with the message

==15755==ASan runtime does not come first in initial library list; you
should either link runtime to your application or manually preload it
with LD_PRELOAD.
ERROR: loading failed
* removing ‘/usr/local/src/R-devel/library/MASS’

It's not quite clear to me what to do next.

Terry Therneau

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]