[Rd] detect ->

Adrian Dușa du@@@@dr|@n @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Apr 15 22:16:58 CEST 2020

> On 15 Apr 2020, at 18:13, William Dunlap <wdunlap using tibco.com> wrote:
>
> You are right.  >= is not as evocative as =>.  Perhaps > and < would do?  %=>% and %<=% would work.

I thought about > and < too, but as you rightly observed > is way less evocative as =>
There is a certain level of clarity which an arrow like sign offers, and people consistently use an arrow in quoted expressions.

In addition anything else, whether > or %=>%, would make an unquoted expression different from the standard quoted one, and that could potentially create confusion.

Best wishes,
Adrian

—
Adrian Dusa