[Rd] Rtools and R 4.0.0?

Jeroen Ooms jeroen @end|ng |rom berke|ey@edu
Mon Apr 27 14:15:39 CEST 2020

Hevré told me that people from Bioconductor and possibly others are
keeping an eye on this thread so it would be good to post a note here
too.

As of version 4.0.0, the official R for Windows and binary packages
provided via CRAN are built with gcc-8.3.0 from rtools40, as shown in
the CRAN check table:
https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_flavors.html

Instructions and installers for rtools40 are available at the usual
location: https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/ . Suggestions
for improving the documentation can be posted here:
https://github.com/r-windows/docs