[Rd] installling R-devel on Windows

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothend|eck @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Dec 5 15:52:24 CET 2020

I clicked on the download link at
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rdevel.html
and then opened the downloaded file which starts the installation process.
I specified a new directory that does not exist, R-test, to be sure that
it would not get confused with an old directory.

I repeated this using different directories and on different days.

I tried it from a user and an Admin account.

If I use the exact same procedure to install R-4.0.3patched it works.

I have successfully downloaded and installed R maybe hundreds
of times over the last 10 to 20 years and have never before
encountered this.

--
Statistics & Software Consulting
GKX Group, GKX Associates Inc.