[Rd] New pipe operator

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothend|eck @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Dec 6 21:51:18 CET 2020

I think the real issue here is that functions are supposed to be
first class objects in R
or are supposed to be and |> would break that if if is possible
to write function(x) x + 1 on the RHS but not foo (assuming foo
was defined as that function).

I don't think getting experience with using it can change that
inconsistency which seems serious to me and needs to
be addressed even if it complicates the implementation
since it drives to the heart of what R is.

email: ggrothendieck at gmail.com