[Rd] Ignore Sites Option For libPaths

Wed Dec 9 19:47:50 CET 2020

On 9 December 2020 at 09:49, Martin Maechler wrote:
| Also, R allows the user to remove their own home directory, it
| should also allow to get a .libPaths() which contains nothing compulsory
| but R's own .Library {as only that can contain 'base' !}

That would be a very nice-to-have feature! But right now, .libPaths() does
now allow this per my reading of the help page:

     ‘.libPaths’ is used for getting or setting the library trees that
     R knows about (and hence uses when looking for packages).  If
     called with argument ‘new’, the library search path is set to the
     existing directories in ‘unique(c(new, .Library.site, .Library))’
     and this is returned.  If given no argument, a character vector
     with the currently active library trees is returned.

Hence I was trying to help OP approximate the behaviour via the command-line
but count me in as in terms of supporting this in R itself if you want to
make such a change.

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org