[Rd] quantile() names

Gabriel Becker g@bembecker @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Dec 14 22:23:00 CET 2020

Hi Edgar,

I certainly don't think quantile(x, .975) should return 980, as that is
a completely wrong answer.

I do agree that it seems like the name is a bit offputting. I'm not sure
how deep in the machinery you'd have to go to get digits to no effect on
the names (I don't have time to dig in right this second).

On the other hand, though, if we're going to make the names not respect
digits entirely, what do we do when someone does quantile(x, 1/3)? That'd
be a bad time had by all without digits coming to the rescue, i think.

Best,
~G