[Rd] R --interactive -e 'browser()'

Abby Spurdle @purd|e@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Feb 23 01:19:14 CET 2020

I should add:

In theory, R could emulate the behavior of a compiled programming language.
(In which case, R could read input from the user, or use debugging
tools, when told to).
However, I can't see R-core supporting this approach in the foreseeable future.

A related topic is running R inside Java and C++ programs.
Something R-core is *un*enthusiastic about...???

I note that a number of people have requested the ability to run R
scripts like executable files (easily), or to run scripts with partial
interactivity.

It would be possible to create a special-purpose pty-based (or
pty-like) application specifically to run R, which could allow the
user to emulate the behavior of a compiled language (and do a few
other things), but I'm wondering if it's ethical to publish it...???