[Rd] mean

Marc Schwartz m@rc_@chw@rtz @end|ng |rom me@com
Thu Jan 9 14:49:48 CET 2020

Jean-Luc,

Please keep the communications on the list, for the benefit of others, now and in the future, via the list archive. I am adding r-devel back here.

I can't speak to the rationale in some of these cases. As I noted, it may be (is likely) due to differing authors over time, and there may have been relevant use cases at the time that the code was written, resulting in the various checks. Presumably, the additional checks were not incorporated into the other functions to enforce a level of consistency.

We will need to wait for someone from R Core to comment.

Regards,

Marc