[Rd] as-cran issue ==> set _R_CHECK_LENGTH_1_* settings!

Mon Jan 13 18:24:17 CET 2020

    > From R NEWS (changes in 3.6.0)
    > Experimentally, setting environment variable _R_CHECK_LENGTH_1_LOGIC2_
    > will lead to warnings (or errors if the variable is set to a ‘true’
    > value) when && or || encounter and use arguments of length more than one.

Indeed,  thank you, Ben.

Note (Dirk) this is not just something
  "by Henrik (..) as he tried to convince us all to use it more"

I've activated this (and the other
  _R_CHECK_LENGTH_1_CONDITION_ ! )
for years (maybe not many years, it just feels like it), and *EVERY TIME*
it triggers, it's been revealing a programmeR's thinko / bug / ..,
something where the code was clearly suboptimal and should've been improved.
(Unfortunately, the bug has often been in packages, and sometimes I had to
 disable the setting when I wanted that "buggy" package to work ..)

Occasionally being puristic, let me state this:
  | Every careful R programmer should use (something like "true",    |
  | "verbose", or even package=... )                                 |
  | export _R_CHECK_LENGTH_1_CONDITION_=true                         |
  | export _R_CHECK_LENGTH_1_LOGIC2_=verbose                         |
  | in her/his ~/.profile equivalent (*)                             |

*) well assuming a careful R programmer would never develop on
   Windows anyway (where you need different means to set such
   environment variables).