[Rd] trivial typo in ?Matrix::sparse.model.matrix.Rd

Tue Jul 21 16:00:12 CEST 2020

    >> "No documentation for ‘sparse.model.matrix’ in
    >> specified packages and libraries", but it's there after
    >> "library(Ecfun)".  I find that interesting, because "Matrix" does not
    >> appear in the Ecfun DESCRIPTION file.

    AS> Not interesting.
    AS> Note the imports and depends fields.
    AS> (Of your own packages).

    >> AND I don't see 'repr = ("C",
    >> "R", "T")' in the "sparse.model.matrix" help file I do see.

    AS> Martin's comment used future tense.

Indeed. It's not even yet in the *development* version of Matrix
on R-forge, see
        packageDescription("Matrix")[["URL"]]
but it probably will be "real soon now".

The problem with that R-forge version (1.3-0) of Matrix is that
half a dozen CRAN packages at least need to be slightly fixed
before that Matrix version becomes default on CRAN,  as these
packages make assumptions about unspecified behavior of some
Matrix functions, notably  Matrix::Matrix()  which in that next version
of Matrix  will produce  "diagonalMatrix" instead of
"CsparseMatrix" objects in more cases....  a good thing, but not
what those packages have assumed...

@Spencer:  Are you actively using  'giveCsparse = ..' somewhere
	   in your code?
 If not, why would you be interested in the details of the changes
 (which would be entirely invisible to you as user) ?

Martin