[Rd] Seeding non-R RNG with numbers from R's RNG stream

Tommy Jones jone@@tho@@w @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jul 30 22:30:21 CEST 2020

Thank you for this. I'd like to be sure I understand the
intuition correctly. Is the following true from what you said?

I can just fix the seed at the C++ level and the results will still be
(pseudo) random because the initialization at the R level is (pseudo)
random.