[Rd] Debugging packages with compiled C code on Windows

Avraham Adler @vr@h@m@@d|er @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jun 2 00:37:24 CEST 2020

Hello, Sue.

1. I work exclusively on Windows have packages with compiled C, C++,
and Fortran (2003+)  and I use RStudio to debug and work with them
using Rtools40, so I guess it's possible. Have I misunderstood and are
you asking about debugging assembler?
2. If you're using Jeroen's scripts, have you tried uncommenting and
adding that to EOPTS in MkRules.local.in? Note that
./src/gnuwin32/fixed/Makefile has a nasty habit of overriding various
optimizations that affect packages.
3. I don't think so
4. The default is that EOPTS is commented out. I talk about it a nit
more at length here [1]. Perhaps that would be of use?

[1] <https://www.avrahamadler.com/2020/05/12/building-r-4-for-windows-with-openblas/>

Good Luck,

Avi